Market Research Analyst (Corporate and Political)
Benenson Strategy Group (BSG) is seeking an analyst in its Santa Monica office to start immediately. BSG is a top strategic research consultancy that uses polling and market research to advise clients in the corporate, political, and non-profit spheres.
The Los Angeles office is a small but mighty piece of the firm, with enough people to just barely field a softball team and an impressive roster of fascinating clients.
BSG-LA’s corporate work focuses on technology and public affairs and is truly global. Through our institutional work, we’ve been part of the messaging strategy on critical progressive issues including voting rights, LGBT issues, abortion, gun safety, and education. And in the 2018 election cycle, our team successfully passed 8 ballot initiatives across the country, flipped two Congressional seats from Red to Blue, elected one of the first Native American women to Congress, and helped elect the nation’s first openly gay governor.
What You'll Do:
The Market Research Analyst (Corporate and Political) reports to the Associate or Director and is responsible for:
- Developing a deep understanding of client challenges and issues in play
- Helping develop research proposals and quantitative surveys and qualitative guides, and perform final proofreading
- Participating in managing the execution of the market research, working closely with the field management and data processing teams on quality control
- Analyzing the data results of studies, create first drafts of the strategic presentation to the client, and work with our team to edit and finalize it together
What You'll Need:
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree
- 2+ years of work experience (experience in consulting, politics, journalism, media, marketing, or communications is a plus but not required)
- Strong ambition and passion about your work
- Excellent analytical, communication, and writing skills
- Ability (and desire!) to work in a fast-paced/high-stress environment
- Is detail-oriented and can work on multiple projects at a time
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) is a plus but not required
Why You'd Want To:
- Opportunity to work with some of the most influential clients on cutting-edge initiatives and important campaigns…
- … while being able to see the ocean and the mountains from our office
- Smart, savvy, funny team with a passion for impacting the world in a casual and non-competitive environment
- Upward mobility. High performers are routinely promoted and encouraged take on more responsibility.
- Generous health and dental benefits package and ample vacation time
Do you have a LinkedIn account? Import your resume and save time!