At Benenson Strategy Group (BSG), our mission is to create a better future by empowering organizations and leaders that are making a difference. And, we have been relentlessly pursuing this goal since 2000. We are a small but mighty strategic research consultancy that transforms data into meaningful and compelling actions for our clients. Our people’s dedication, creativity, and tenacious pursuit of game-changing insights is what enables us to provide heads of state, corporate leaders, and non-profits with the strategies that shape tomorrow.
At BSG, our employees work closely with and learn from leaders in the consulting, market research, non-profit, and political arenas. We foster an environment where our team’s core skills are practiced and honed every day, and one where every team member is encouraged to think creatively and strategically. Our core set of values: integrity and ethics, diligence, and respect, are at the heart of our unique team, and have fueled winning strategies for our clients – from President Obama, to Google, to the AARP - those values are also what we look for in our new hires.
BSG conducts groundbreaking research in the technology world, non-profit advocacy space and is the pollster for some of the highest-profile and most competitive Democratic campaigns across the country. Our work has contributed to the progress in the non-profit advocacy space, including LGBT issues, voting rights, gun control, and abortion rights.
So, do you just want a job or do you want to make an impact?
We are looking for a passionate individual to join our team as a Project Manager. The ideal candidate has excellent organizational and time management skills, great interpersonal skills, outstanding customer service skills, and strong oral and written communication skills. In addition, he/she is a critical thinker and problem solver who is detail oriented and resourceful. He/she is also a team player who can build and maintain strong working relationships.
What You'll Do:
The Project Manager will assist the consulting team with the execution and implementation of multiple custom qualitative and quantitative market research projects. Responsibilities include but are not limited to: managing the operational aspects of a project from start to finish, partnering with the Field Management/Data Processing team to ensure projects are programmed and processed accurately and on-time, identifying, recommending, and implementing solutions to issues that may arise during a project’s life cycle, answering questions and providing status updates to the consulting and Field Management/Data Processing teams, and curing inefficiencies to help streamline processes.
- Client Proposal Phase
- Enter preliminary project details and any other required information into BSG’s project management software and update as needed.
- Engage the Vice President of Research and Methodology as well as Field Management/Data Processing teams to gather accurate pricing information and field specifications.
- Collaborate with the consulting and Field Management/Data Processing teams to confirm the initial project timelines.
- Survey Questionnaires
- Review survey questionnaires for any errors and ensure programming instructions are clear and logical.
- Ensure survey questionnaires are programmed accurately by checking links and test data.
- Data Collection Management/Data Processing and Weighting
- Act as a liaison between the consulting and Field Management/Data Processing teams to ensure sample, adherence to quota plans, and processing requirements are communicated accurately, are understood and adhered to throughout data collection period.
- Monitor projects throughout data collection period to ensure they are on track and running smoothly.
- Review data processing requests and initial setup of data books to ensure accuracy.
- Provide status updates to the consulting and Field Management/Data Processing teams as needed.
- Recommend solutions to any issues that may arise during the fielding process.
- Project Analysis
- Reviews and quality controls open end coding accuracy
- Assists the consulting team with ad-hoc data processing requests using BSG’s internal data processing tools.
- Final Client Deliverables
- Build project’s invoice requests, gather and maintain receipts for client reimbursables, and work with the Accounting and Finance team on billing inquiries.
- Debrief with the consulting and Field Management/Data Processing teams to identify any inefficiencies and determine and implement future process improvements.
- Maintenance of data integrity within BSG’s project management and CRM tools in respect to client information, proposal updates and project status.
- Champions new initiatives introduced by BSG’s Operations team (new IT offerings, new reporting requirements, etc.) and acts as a voice for BSG’s LA based team to get needs addressed in a timely and efficient manner.
What You'll Need:
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree is required.
- 4-5 years of project management experience in the market research industry.
- Experience or interest in political polling is a plus.
- Great interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Critical thinker and problem solver.
- Detail-oriented and resourceful.
- Team player with a proven ability to build and maintain strong working relationships.
- Available to travel (20%). Please Note: this position will be located in BSG’s Santa Monica, CA office upon completion of a rigorous, multi-week, training program in BSG’s Denver, CO office.
Why You'd Want To:
- Unprecedented access to leaders in the political and corporate arenas.
- Opportunity to work with some of the most influential clients on cutting-edge initiatives.
- Prominent training and professional development program designed to provide employees with an expanded skill set and empower them to think differently.
- Educational allowance for each team member.
- Upward mobility. High performers are routinely promoted and encouraged take on more responsibility.
- Generous benefits package including 100% employer-funded health and dental insurance, ample vacation time, cell phone allowance and food and transportation perks.
- Annual company-wide community service initiative.