6-Month Paid Internship
Benenson Strategy Group (BSG) is seeking an Intern in its Santa Monica office to start immediately. BSG is a top strategic research consultancy that uses polling and market research to advise clients in the corporate, political, and non-profit spheres.
The Los Angeles office is a small but mighty piece of the firm, with enough people to just barely field a softball team and an impressive roster of fascinating clients.
BSG-LA’s corporate work focuses on technology and public affairs and is truly global. Through our institutional work, we’ve been part of the messaging strategy on critical progressive issues including voting rights, LGBT issues, abortion, gun safety, and education. And in the 2018 election cycle, our team successfully passed 8 ballot initiatives across the country, flipped two Congressional seats from Red to Blue, elected one of the first Native American women to Congress, and helped elect the nation’s first openly gay governor.
The ideal candidate has a strong interest in issue advocacy, corporate and political polling and has relevant academic or work experience.
This is a six-month long internship and a great opportunity to work on meaningful accounts and learn if strategic research is for you. As our internships can translate into full-time analyst positions, we strongly prefer candidates who have already graduated or are in their senior year of college.
- Conducting background research on issues, companies, institutions and candidates
- Setting up reports and data tables, charts and graphs, and support of analytical staff
- Proofreading and number-checking research studies and presentations
- Assisting analysts in drafting reports and developing presentations for clients
Why You'd Want To:
- Opportunity to work on some of the most influential clients on cutting-edge initiatives and important campaigns…
- … while being able to see the ocean and the mountains from our office
- Smart, savvy, funny team with a passion for impacting the world in a casual and non-competitive environment
- Long-term employment opportunities for high performers
- Extremely detail-oriented
- A strong writer
- A strategic and analytical thinker
- Able to work and thrive in a fast-paced environment handling multiple assignments with tight deadlines
- Available to work 15-35 hours a week
Do you have a LinkedIn account? Import your resume and save time!